The Story Behind Self-Hosted
August 29th, 2019
18 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
Brent joins Alex and Chris to discuss the origins of Jupiter Broadcasting's new selfhosted.show. It's a casual chat about a project in the making for two years, hit play and the drinks are on us.
- Self Hosted - Subscribe — Get the latest episodes of Self Hosted automatically
- Brunch with Brent: Meet Alex from Self Hosted
- Brunch with Brent: A Chat with Chz Bacon
- LinuxServer.io — We are a group of like minded enthusiasts from across the world who build and maintain the largest collection of Docker images on the web, and at our core are the principles behind Free and Open Source Software. Our primary goal is to provide easy-to-use and streamlined Docker images with clear and concise documentation.
- The Perfect Media Server - 2019 Edition — Storage should be boring. Boring is reliable. Reliable means you don't lose data. And that's exactly what the MergerFS + Snapraid combo I first wrote about in 2016 has provided. A solid, boring and reliable way of storing multiple TBs of data with little fuss.
- Smart RGB LED strips with Home Assistant — 2019 is the year I am taking back control of my smart devices by bringing as much 'smarts' back inside my LAN as possible. To do this I've recently been experimenting with Home Assistant which I have running in a docker container on my media server.
- Thievery Corporation — Thievery Corporation performing live in the KEXP studio.
- Home Automation with Linux that Doesn't Rely on the Cloud — Alex's talk at LinuxFest Northwest 2019.