Brunch with Brent: Jason Spisak Part 1
December 17th, 2019
50 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
Brent sits down with Jason Spisak, professional voice actor, actor, producer, and co-founder of multiple Linux-related projects including Lycoris, Symphony OS, and Symple PC. In Part 1 we chat about everything from Jason's deep motivations behind his Linux projects, to patents vs. open source, digital independence and the nature of human endeavor. A few additional voices join us throughout for good measure...
Brunch with Brent: Jason Spisak Part 2 comes our way this Friday.
- Jason Spisak - IMDb
- Lycoris (formerly Redmond Linux) - Wikipedia
- Lindows/Linspire - Wikipedia
- Symphony OS & Mezzo Desktop - Wikipedia
- Symphony OS - ArchiveOS
- Home Assistant - Open source home automation
- WireGuard: fast, modern, secure VPN tunnel
- Linux Unplugged 331: apt install arch-linux — Brent's first WireGuard project
- Linux Unplugged - Episodes tagged "WireGuard"
- Self-Hosted 7: Why We Love Home Assistant
- Elementary OS
- System76 - Linux Laptops, Desktops, and Servers
- MrChromebox — Custom coreboot firmware and firmware utilities for your Chromebook/Chromebox
- World's 26 richest people own as much as poorest 50%, says Oxfam - The Guardian
- The Unbelievers - IMDb — Renowned scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss cross the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world.
- Jason Spisak
- Brent Gervais - @brentgervais on Twitter