Chris's thoughts on Linux's NVIDIA conundrum, Elon's takeover of Twitter, MailChimp's insider hack, and the Google Drones taking off in Texas.
- Matthew Miller's Thread on Twitter — "Here's the conundrum with @Nvidia drivers on Linux, in a thread. I have a Fedora perspective, obviously, but I think it's a shared problem. (🧵 rant which I'm not going to bother to count or number.) #linux #nvidia #opensource #freesoftware"
- Elon Musk Buys 9.2% Twitter Shares in Passive Stake — Elon Musk took a 9.2% stake in Twitter Inc. to become the platform’s biggest shareholder, a week after hinting he might shake up the social media industry.
- Hackers breach MailChimp's internal tools to target crypto customers — Sunday morning, Twitter was abuzz with reports from owners of Trezor hardware cryptocurrency wallets who received phishing notifications claiming that the company suffered a data breach.
- Fortnite raised $144 million for Ukraine relief — The game raised $36 million in its first day alone, and today, Epic revealed the final total of $144 million. The funds are being put towards several aid groups, including Direct Relief, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the United Nations Children’s Fund, and the World Food Programme.
- Alphabet's Wing will begin drone deliveries in Dallas-Fort Worth on April 7th — Alphabet's Wing division has announced that it's launching a drone delivery service in the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) metroplex on April 7th. "With this service, the DFW area will be the largest metro in the world, and the first in the United States, with access to on-demand drone delivery," a company spokesperson said in an emailed statement.